Workshop: Moving to ASP.NET Core
Are you ready for Microsoft's hot new web stack?
If not, we can help!
ASP.NET Core runs circles around the older version AND is cross-platform AND open source.
Now is the time to dive in and take advantage of Microsoft's new base for future development.
- May 15 - May 31 Tuesday and Thursday Evenings from 6:30-9:30 PM
In this 3 week course Microsoft MVP Jeff Ammons will take you from Core newbie to Core Pro!
We'll cover topics such as Dependency Injection, CLEAN architecture, REST APIs, Entity Framework Core, Tag Helpers, SOLID Principles, testing, deploying and more.
Jeff has been speaking at user groups and Code Camps about this technology since early 2015 and is well known for his enthusiasm and passion for all things Core!
We assume some familiarity with C# and general web development, but it isn't required.
Tuition is $700, but if you register before April 15th you can get the early bird special price of $600. Register before May 1st for $650.
- What is Core?
- Cross Platform Use
- Visual Studio/Windows
- Visual Studio for Mac/Mac
- Visual Studio Code & command line/Windows, Mac, Linux
- Dependency Injection
- SOLID Principles
- Repository Pattern
- Managing User Secrets
- Architecture Guidance
- CLEAN Architecture
- Entity Framework Core Intro
- Abstract/Generic Repository for EF
- Using the built-in Identity Mgmt
- 3rd Party Auth with Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc.
- Claims Based Auth
- Implement User Profile
- Building a REST API
- Async and Await for both MVC and API controllers
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Visual Studio Team Services
- Azure App Services